Thursday, November 16, 2017

Spirit of Elijah

I did it.
I took the plunge.
This past week I attended a Family History class.


To those of you who are Genealogy buffs, 
you are welcome.
For the rest of you who, like me, run away every time your ward's consultants come near, 
it is time to do your Family History.

Here is what I learned:

It isn't that hard.
Our Heavenly Father wants us to be doing Family History. 
Doors will open and things will fall into place as you do this work. 
You will be blessed.


FIND.
Find a name. 
Find your ancestors.
Find the desire to serve those who came before you.
Find the strength to obey the Prophet's counsel.

TAKE.
Take a name to the temple.
Take lots of names to the temple. 
Take the information you find and add it to Family Search. 
Take a look at your life and decide whether you can fit 15 minutes of genealogy in this week. 

TEACH.
Teach yourself to love family history.
Teach your family about your collective history.
Teach others about the importance of this work. 

In the last month I have:
Added names of ancestors to FamilySearch
Found ordinances that needed to be done
And have done temple work for some of those names

And it has taken me less than 5 hours.

I was one of those people who thought all my family work that could be done was done. 
It isn't.
I've got a work to do and so do you.

Go to a Family History center.
Take a class.
Watch a tutorial. 
And feel the Spirit of Elijah in your life. 

RESOURCES:

No comments:

Post a Comment